Rules and info first, the first round will start in June, I will announce the topic then. ^^
The Starock Challenge is a weekly contest divided into 2 categories, Starlite Photo and 2D Rock-Off, rotating between photography and 2D art, each challenge lasts 2 weeks.
I am holding the Photography Challenge, visit and *nJoo
for info on the 2D challenge.
Every 2 weeks
a new Photography Challenge will begin, with a different topic/theme each time. Each Challenge will run for approximately 10 days
. In which all the entries will be posted into one Journal for deviants to view and comment.
This page covers the Prizes (ZeeStar System), Judging, Rules and How to Join.
Prizes: ZeeStar System
1st Place: 1 Winner Golden ZeeStar
2nd Place: 3 ZeeStar
(+ donation prize if available)
3rd Place: 2 Zeestar
(+ donation prize if available)
Runnersup: 1 Zeestar
The ZeeStars are like badges and will be listed in the Hall of Stars, which will be updated as time goes, valid for gift exchanging later on.*$50 is via Paypal only. Alternatively you may pick prints, subscriptions, or anything else that is equivalent or does not exceed the amount in total cost.ZeeStar Types:
Winner's Golden ZeeStar:
Regular ZeeStar: 1zs :
, 10zs: ZeeStar Gift Exchange
The Gift Exchange accepts both ZeeStars (zs) and JooRocks (jr).
ZeeStars and JooRocks can be used together to redeem gifts.
(6zs) - 3 Month DA Subscription
(20zs) - 1 Year DA Subscription*This needs revision depending on the scale of the contest, because if 100 people participate every single around, a day will come when there'll be 100 people exchanging the stars for subscription suddenly.
As much as I'd love to have a voting system, until we make a dedicated website, there isn't a real fair way to do it on DA. Thus, we'll be having a Panel of 5 photographers and artists.
(on rotational basis)
(Please forgive me and expect me making a mess with the timing when it first start, I'll try my best to make it on time, but I'm guessing it'll be hard)
Joining and Rules
entry per deviant per Challenge
- Entries must be new works
photographed for the Challenge Topic after it's announced.
- You retain your copyrights. We just want it to be fair for everyone to create new works within the same time-frame.
- Descriptions for entries are optional but encouraged. ^^
- The subject(s) of your image can be anything as long as it sticks with the topic.
- Multiple entries submitted by different deviants from the same photoshoot in hope for a higher chance of winning will not be accepted.
- State either in deviation Title or Description that it is a Starlite Challenge entry.
- Note me
your entry with the subject: Starlite Photo #xx :thumbcode:.
For eg: Starlite Photo #15 :thumbxxxxxxxx:
The thumbnail code is under your deviation's Details, on the right of Artist's Comments. It begins with :thumb and ends with numbers:. Do not
use the "Share This" function. Those will automatically be marked as spams.
- Note me ONCE
- Users found to submit backdated or stolen works will be disqualified.
:WHY is my entry NOT listed?
- The note wasn't titled as instructed
above, thus flagged/unopened and unaccepted.
- The photo was submitted/taken before the date this competition was announced, (exif date, submission date
- There is no indication of the entry being a Starlite Photo Contest
entry in your description/title.
- You submitted more than one entry.
: item from Rocklove Jewelry
not exceeding $75 (1 piece)
: 3 months dA subscription (2 contests)
The contest round that the donated prizes go to are choices of the sponsors (so these don't happen altogether for the first round). They will be listed specifically with each contest.
For the others who've wrote to me before pleeeeease send me another note because I really can't find them. Thank you T_T
We'd like to thank ConceptArt.org for the inspirations for this weekly activity.